CRESTED BUTTE & MONARCH MOUNTAIN RESORTS
Join us for a true “out west” skiing experience!
January 20, 2013 (Sunday) – January 27, 2013 (Sunday)
Sign up Deadline is 11/19/12
$400 due at sign-up
$400 due October 1, 2012
$434 due December 1, 2012
(Final payment deadline December 1, 2012)
* Price is subject to fuel surcharges. Insurance is available and recommended (see PDF below for information and a link to signup for insurance online).
Trip Leader: Dave Wherry - 414-530-2212
- Round trip air from Milwaukee to Denver on American Airlines
- 1/20/13: MKE/DFW #1097 6:40A - 9:25A; DFW/GUC #2241 1:15P - 2:15P
- 1/27/13: GUC/DFW #2342 3:15P - 6:10P; DFW/MKE #1754 8:05P-10:20P
- Round trip bus transportation from Gunnison to Crested Butte (45 minutes)
- 7 nights lodging at the Plaza Condominiums (4 per condo)
- The Plaza offers deluxe condominiums in the convenience of a hotel atmosphere. Just a short 100 yard walk to the Silver Queen quad lift at the heart of Crested Butte Mountain Resort. The Plaza's onsite amenities include: two hot tubs, sauna, elevator, and a restaurant/bar for dinner and après. Condos feature: full kitchens, balconies, fireplaces, internet access and room service (dinner only). The shuttle to town picks up directly outside The Plaza.
- 4 day lift ticket for Crested Butte
- Day trip to Monarch, includes transportation and lift ticket
- Group parties
- Many other winter activities including Nordic skiing, snowshoeing, snowcat driving experience, horseback trail rides, dog sledding tours, guided snowmobile tours, zip line tour and two beautiful spa facilities.
Nestled in the heart of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, Crested Butte is committed to preserving the pristine landscape and mountain lifestyle. With vibrant Victorian store fronts and expressive local characters, the small historic town remains true to its heritage and radiates an unparalleled welcoming and inviting spirit that celebrates a simpler life and time. Crested Butte is one of Colorado’s best-kept secrets, a true old west town that offers world class skiing, unique dining, one of a kind shopping and a wide range of other winter activities. It has 1,167 total skiable acreage, 121 designated trails and 14 lifts. Crested Butte has something for everyone from beginner to advanced. Crested Butte has a trail classification of 23%/57%/20% (beginner/intermediate/advanced).
Monarch opearates on 800 acres along the Continental Divide in the Sawatch Range within the San Isabel National Forest. Monarch has a trail classification of 14%/28%/58% (beginner/intermediate/advanced).
TravelGuard Insurance Link..pdf
Make check or money order payable to: Sitzmark Ski Club of Milwaukee, Inc. Send to: Nancy Woltzen, 3145 S. New York Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53207