SATURDAY FEBRUARY 20, 2021
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 24, 2021
Sign-up for all trips will be as of September 12, 2020.
This will be our most Covid-19 friendly trip, with 2 people per room, our own transportation to the resorts and 3 week lodging cancellation for Covid-19 concerns and 4 weeks for other reasons with no penalties. (Tour operator cancellation fee will be applied, however)
Powder Mountain has the most skiable terrain of any ski area in the United States. The 5,500 acres includes 2,800 lift-accessible acres. 500 inches of real snow annually makes the resort famous for its powder skiing. Snowcat skiing, the Powder Country shuttle, guided tours of Wolf Creek Canyon and heli-skiing ensure that you can find untracked slopes. Of course, real snow makes for beautifully groomed cruisers for those seeking less challenging trails.
Since the resort is so massive, hosts conduct complimentary orientation tours daily at 10:00 am. Hosts can also be booked for half-day and full-day powder tours.
Powder Mountain Resort
Snowbasin, a Sun Valley Resort, is a large resort in the Ogden area, covering a good selection of runs on varied terrain. It was the site of the Downhill and Super G events for the 2002 Winter Olympics. Snowbasin tends to be much less crowded than the resorts near Salt Lake City.
Snowbasin cultivates a european style ski experience, complete with trams and gondolas, fine dining at trailside chalets, and cultural diversity expected of an Olympic venue.
- 2 days of skiing at Powder Mountain and 1 day at Snowbasin
- 4 nights lodging at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown Ogden
- Amenities include daily hot breakfast and indoor hot tub and pool
- 2 persons per room with King or 2 Queens
- Walk out the door and you're in downtown Ogden
- Coach bus for only the club's use for 2 morning and 2 afternoon shuttles between the hotel and Snowbasin
- Powder Mountain shuttle bus for our use only, with 2 morning and 2 afternoon shuttles between the hotel to the resort
- Alternative public transportation $7.50 round trip
- Group dinners to be determined shortly before the trip at an additional cost, payable by members who wish to participate, depending on local Covid regulations
Flights, Round Trip on Southwest:
MKE/LAS 3772 V 20Feb21 07:20 am 09:35 am
LAS/SLC 628 V 20Feb21 11:00 am 01:20 pm
SLC/STL 2113 V 24Feb21 11:20 am 03:05 pm
STL/MKE 1157 V 24Feb21 04:00 pm 05:10 pm
Hilton Garden Inn
Cost if paid by check (full payment is due at signup)*:
Complete packages including air, lodging and lifts:
3 day lift $1,060
Lodging and air only package:
Lodging and lift only packages:
3 day lift $755
Lodging only package
Senior Discount Lift Packages
Applies to 65+
Powder Mountain - deduct $35 for 2 day. 75+ free, deduct $113
Snowbasin - deduct $12 for 1 day
* If paying using Credit Card or Debit Card, an additional 3% fee is charged (club does not receive any part of this fee). See registration details for credit pricing. Due to new PayPal regulations, merchant fees will not be refunded if you cancel.
Deadline for sign-up and final payment for packages with air is
December 26, 2020
Deadline for sign-up and final payment for packages without air is
January 18, 2021
Covid-19 cancellation policy for this trip:
Southwest Airlines does not provide cancellation refunds or vouchers for any reason for individuals with group air bookings. Southwest's policies will be followed if a flight is cancelled due to Covid-19. Lodging refunds will be given for cancellations up to 3 weeks prior unless club Ski Trip Policies are more strict. Lift tickets will be refunded. Ground transportation may or may not be refunded. Tour operator fee of $60/pp for Covid cancellation 89 days or less prior to trip is your responsibility. Cancellation refunds for air, lodging and lifts in all cases will follow the club's Ski Trip Policies.
It is your responsibility to read and understand the club's
Ski Trip Policies
before signing up for trips.
Trip Insurance is highly recommended. See links to insurance options on the website under Western Trips.
Make check or money order for payment, payable to Sitzmark Ski Club of Milwaukee, Inc., and Mail to:
4825 State Road 144
Slinger, WI 53086
Pay online with a credit or debit card in full.
Once your online payment is recorded or your check is received, your online registration will be confirmed via email.